Sarah BSarah BUser on welcome to horses.bazoom.com - we love passionate people
Date: 2013-12-23

Sarah B Created: Mar 2013
Topics: 13
Replies: 43
Horses: 1
Photo albums: 1

equi turnout boots

found out last year that these boots are more trouble than there worth at £69 a pair, they just don't work for me. Mud under the boot causes friction and before you know it mud fever raises its ugly head. This year no boots just good ole pig oil and careful management = one very happy pony

Go to last reply »

Replies to: equi turnout boots

• Stuart B Created: Apr 2013
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 82
    5 years ago

I have never seen the point of these as the mud really gets underneath them and the heat from the legs start's a reaction. Mud fever can be eradicated before it starts with a simple fungicide spray on the areas in the gate ways to the paddock s and then a free draining surface to stop the mud forming in the winter

• Sarah B Created: Mar 2013
    5 years ago

I totally understand what your saying but slightly more difficult when there can be up to 17 horses grazing at one time. ill stick to my pig oil and turnout 3 times a week, works well for me and I have a mud fever free pony

• Stuart B Created: Apr 2013
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 82
    5 years ago

I am glad to see you have it under control Sara but with 17 others how many get mud fever ? and if they do the the gravel in that area will easily be resolved if you all work together

• Sarah B Created: Mar 2013
    5 years ago

the entrance to the field is concreted and only mine seems to get it, on the odd occasion there maybe another but not often, its quite bizzar

Reply to: equi turnout boots

Bazoom Horses uses cookies to remember your settings, target ads and for statistical data.         Read more...