Hollie AHollie AUser on welcome to horses.bazoom.com - we love passionate people
Date: 2013-10-3

Hollie A Created: Sep 2013
Topics: 3
Replies: 4
Horses: 1

Sweetitch?!!

Do horses grow out of it?
How can i stop her rubbing?
Best products to use?
Any help on sweetitch will be great thanks x

Go to last reply »

Replies to: Sweetitch?!!

• Stuart B Created: Apr 2013
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 82
    Photo albums: 1
    5 years ago

Sorry to say but no its is for life. A good fly fug or Boet blanket will greatly reduce the affects and regular bathing will also help. Lastly I use an Avon product called skin so soft . They are putting it in bigger bottles now as the sales of it have taken of with horsey people . Hope this helps

• Hollie A Created: Sep 2013
    5 years ago

Thankyou i use bezyl benzoate at the moment,it stops the itching completley and its been working but it costs a bomb when you use it as much as i do,i will definatley look into the avon product though x

• Stuart B Created: Apr 2013
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 82
    Photo albums: 1
    5 years ago

Other tips i can give you are to feed cut stinging nettles nettles and Savlon cream or honey on wounds both have great healing properties and the smell of honey also keeps the fly's away and eliminates scaring. The nettles are a natural anti inflammatory . Lastly hogging the main when it gets to a stage that it seams pointless helps as the stubble seams to act as a barrier to the fly's

5 years ago

Thankyou x

• Heidi D Created: May 2013
    Replies: 23
    Photo albums: 5
    5 years ago

my horse suffers from very severe sweet itch - she gets it on every part of her body including her heels, between her front legs and her udders - the only thing I have found to work is the boett blanket (tho ive found a cheaper version - by equi theme - it has lasted so much better than the boett - that cost about £300 including bonnet and lasted 1 season but the equi theme cost about £80 including bonnet and has last 2 seasons very well indeed - im investing in a new one next year and benzol benzoate lotion which you can get on the internet - these are the only things that work and believe me ive spent thousands over the years on different things - the rug is the best thing ive ever bought

5 years ago

I use benzyl bezoate at the minuite and i works a treat and weve bought a boett rug before but she just rips them?x

• Heidi D Created: May 2013
    Replies: 23
    Photo albums: 5
    5 years ago

try the equi theme version - its much more robust as my Chelsea used to rip hers within days of her getting it but she hasn't managed to rip the equi theme one

Reply to: Sweetitch?!!

Bazoom Horses uses cookies to remember your settings, target ads and for statistical data.         Read more...