Ann-marie SAnn-marie SUser on welcome to horses.bazoom.com - we love passionate people
Date: 2013-8-17

Ann-marie S Created: Apr 2013
Topic: 1
Replies: 3

Bridle paths in Hanworth

Has any one got any ideas how to try and get the bridle run opened up again in Hanworth air park , we used to ride in it years ago ,it was cleared last year but with no access to horses,
There is a sign saying no horses!! Even though , the history of Hanworth park is that it was used as hunts meetings ,and Hanworth lodge was a hunting lodge in Henry the 8 ths time ,it was connected to hounslow Heath ,which apparently we are not allowed to ride either,
We are left with ONE legal bridle path and that is from nall head road to forge lane ,running via the rugby field , apart from that you just have to take your chances on hanworth s very busy roads which is full of inconsiderate ,mainly bus drivers , but also car drivers ,who think nothing of putting their foot down to overtake ,even when there is on coming traffic!!!
Or you get a bus like the h25, or the 111 up your backside ,spooking your horse!!!!!!

Go to last reply »

Replies to: Bridle paths in Hanworth

• Ann-marie S Created: Apr 2013
    6 years ago

Had a response from haounslow council re my request to open the bridle run in the air park in Hanworth , apparently they have logged a complaint on my behalf ! And will reply in 10 days!

• Claire L Created: Jan 2013
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 161
    Horses: 1
    Photo albums: 11
    6 years ago

That's great news, will keep my fingers crossed for a favourable response from them.

• Ann-marie S Created: Apr 2013
    6 years ago

I
    Well the bridle path in Hanworth that runs behind kemp ton park has finally been cut back ,after many complaints !!! It's not a lot to ask ,!!! We only have one bridle path !!!! Lets all stick together and make sure they are maintained , thank you to the bhs for your support , x

• Susan C Created: Dec 2017
    Reply: 1
    1 year ago

Can any body remember where the bridle path used to run to and from?

Reply to: Bridle paths in Hanworth

Bazoom Horses uses cookies to remember your settings, target ads and for statistical data.         Read more...