Malene HMalene HUser on welcome to horses.bazoom.com - we love passionate people
Date: 2013-7-28

Malene H Created: Jan 2013
Topics: 90
Replies: 72
Horses: 1
Photo albums: 8

Afraid of colic? Get a risk assessment

Afraid of colic? Get a risk assessment
University of Guelph, Canada, has launched an online program that can help horse owners to assess their horses' risk for colic

The program - which has been dubbed "The Colic Risk Rator" - questions are asked about feeding, housing conditions, grazing, exercise and a history of colic, changes in the horse's environment, etc. and the answers translated as an assessment of the horse's risk of getting a colic attack.

If the result of your answer is that the horse is at risk of colic, then comes the program with proposals to change the horse grazing pattern of diet, exercise level, etc.

Do you get the green light, then you should just continue to do things as usual. The program combines all risk methodical and helps to inform horse owners about the risk of colic.

http://equineguelph.ca/Tools/colic_risk_rater.php

Go to last reply »

Replies to: Afraid of colic? Get a risk assessment

• Amelia D Created: Jan 2013
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 35
    Horses: 1
    6 years ago

Thanks for the link. I have just tried the program and it really gives me some great advice on how to change thing in my horses environment, feeding etc.

Reply to: Afraid of colic? Get a risk assessment

Bazoom Horses uses cookies to remember your settings, target ads and for statistical data.         Read more...