Malene HMalene HUser on welcome to horses.bazoom.com - we love passionate people
Date: 2013-2-3

Malene H Created: Jan 2013
Topics: 90
Replies: 72
Horses: 1
Photo albums: 8

Hoof care in winter

How do you care for the hooves in the winter?

What do you do?????

Go to last reply »

Replies to: Hoof care in winter

• »Lady Blacksheep« Created: Dec 2012
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 171
    Horses: 4
    Photo albums: 9
    Videos: 7
    6 years ago

My horses allways have metal shoes if they are being ridden. Thats all. Dont need more than that

• Lucy L Created: Feb 2013
    Replies: 5
    Horses: 2
    6 years ago

i just shoe 1 of mine but the snow gets caught in her shoes sometimes but the rest are fine barefoot

• Amelia D Created: Jan 2013
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 35
    6 years ago

I use some hoof balsam, cream or oil - in winter and summer.

• Malene H Created: Jan 2013
    Topics: 90
    Replies: 72
    Photo albums: 8
    6 years ago

I use hoof cream, I believe that the hooves need some nourishment, when there is so much mud during the winter. As I use moisturizer during the summer.

• Caz L Created: Feb 2013
    Topic: 1
    Replies: 14
    Photo albums: 2
    6 years ago

I have had nothing but problems this winter, the super wet conditions have meant he constantly seems to have thrush in his feet, they are sucking up water like nobodys business so r really soft and he had mud fever...
    So.. 1) Mud Fever - baby oil his legs, wrap in cling film, leave 24hrs, baby shampoo off, dry, use athletes foot powder ... cleared it up in a week.
    2) thrush- pick his feet out morning and night, once a week hibiscrub his feet, put tar on

i also add biotin to his feed, and i use effol hoof gel to keep his toes nice

Reply to: Hoof care in winter

Bazoom Horses uses cookies to remember your settings, target ads and for statistical data.         Read more...